The health room is fully prepared to receive students who do not feel well or are exposed to small injuries. There is a full-time nurse and the room is equipped with first-aid kit, a bed for examining the patient, a bed for sleeping and a central pharmacy that feed all the clusters' pharmacies.
Duties of the Health Room:
- The nurse provides first-aid for all injuries, as he/she receives urgent calls and takes responsibility for serious injuries by taking the student to the hospital or calls home.
- Takes care of kg classes from age 45 days to 3 years, checks the child's healthy state, takes proper action by giving medicine if necessary, and secludes the child to avoid infection of other children.
- There is a list of the diseases that require healthy seclusion during the child's presence in the kg class. These are: chicken pox, fever, throatache, conjunctivitis, colds … etc.
- The Health Room contains the students' health records that include their disease history.
- The Health Room helps in supporting and following up the national task forces for vaccinations who come to DAS to give vaccines to students.
- The DAS nurse has a record of the chronic health cases, procedures taken and medicines used for each case to that we can handle the student while present at DAS.
- The Health Room has also the phone numbers of all students in order to call the parents if necessary.
- The Health Room participates in the healthy and educational activities through the DAS Newsletter by writing about healthy or educational topics for parents and students.