We are now beginning the gradual process of introducing Tablet Based Learning to students across the school. Tablets will enable: eSchool Bag, Project Based Learning, Customized 1:1 Learning and Flipped Learning. Tablets will provide students with a range of web based tools for Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Creativity, Time Management, Document Storage and many more features. All of these tools are housed on the Tablet or the Online Virtual Drive.
This particular Tablet was manufactured by Intel® and is custom made for every educational institution to serve the particular needs of that organization. It has major advantages of the common tablet:
• Durability: The Tablet is manufactured with children in mind, so it external shell is break-resistant at a drop of 70 cm.
• Monitor: is manufactured with as little glare as possible to reduce potential irritation to the eyes caused by prolonged exposure to the screen over a short distance
• Local Storage: 500 GB built-in hard disk which provides the student with enough storage to save digital books, workbooks, presentations and interactive content
• Lab: The tablet is equipped with ports, probes and lenses that can transform the tablet to a science lab permitting the student to measure temperature, Humidity, wind speed as well as transform it into a Microscope.
• Detachable Device: Allowing the student to use it as a stand-alone tablet as well as a laptop
• Microsoft Platform: providing the familiar windows experience along with Microsoft Office which is the 3rd most required skill in the job market
At this stage, the e-mail accounts will be used for the purpose of; creating Microsoft® One Accounts for the students as well as for connecting with online educational software or educational resources. The students will be able to use it to e-mail out.
To further consolidate the DAS parent communities understanding of this initiative, an information evening will be held on... An additional focus of the evening will be on supporting parents with Digital Citizenship practices at home.
Please note that this device will be on the list of required materials for grade 5. You will be able to purchase the device through Dar El-Ketab on the first day of school.
Dhahran Ahliyya Schools